The Ministry of Planning and Investment, as tasked by the LPRP and the Lao Government of Lao PDR to administrate Planning and Investment, National Statistics, the implementation of the National Socio-Economic Development and Special Economic Zones throughout the country has continued to fulfill its mandate, specifically acting as focal point for improving the Business Environment to attract Foreign investment, overseeing the Public Investment to ensure effectiveness, mobilize and manage Official Development Assistance funds on bilateral and multilateral levels, conducting research and recommending economic and development policies including measures to minimize the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and establishing a National Statistics database to serve the society.
The creation of the ministry’s website is another key milestone in the promulgation of the work carried out by MPI as well as platform to provide information for the general society, students, investors, development partners and others. We hope this website will prove helpful to the users.
MPI comprises a Permanent Secretary Office and 12 Departments and Offices as follow:
- Permanent Secretary Office
- Department of Organization and Personnel
- Inspection Department
- Legal Affair Department
- Department of Planning
- Department of Evaluation
- Investment Promotion Department
- Department of International Cooperation
- Special Economic Zones Promotion and Management Office
- Lao-Vietnam Cooperation Committee Office
- Lao-China Cooperation Committee Office
- Center for Development Policy Research